Monday, March 12, 2012

S m a l l S t u f f


I'm sitting here with the biggest smile on my face. I am reflecting on the day that has just been. Nothing really special happened but I feel good right now. I think I have really learned to appreciate the small things in life the past couple of weeks. I have learned to enjoy the small stuff, and how you make them the big stuff. Just a small gesture can make my day, and I am so grateful that my optimism is still with me. Because that is the most important thing a person can have with them at all times. There is never a time when optimism will fail you. People can mistake it with naiveness, but that is a completely different thing.
So always remember when the big stuff are fussing in your life, Think about the small gestures that people make for you everyday; Wether it is having a great breakfast or that you find a new work out buddy or a good yoga class or just a coffe with an amazing friend or that the coffee guy in school gives you a medium size but charges you for a small size or that you find out that your boyfriend read your blog ( ! ); it DOESN'T matter! Because you smiled. People go out of your way to make you smile. And what I learned and what I think I have always done; is that by giving a smile, you always receive a smile back, no matter who it is you are smiling to. Next time you make eye contact with someone = smile at them, when you pass through a door = hold the door for the next person, when you see someone = hug them, even if you just saw them! Because love and smiles and all that happiness you give, will only be returned.
That is what I have learned today when I walked into my beautiful cleaned room from my best friend, I think to myself how grateful I am for the people I have in my life and all the small things they do for me everyday, that keeps me optimistic to life itself. We are all different. But we all lend a helping hand in our own way everyday, weather it is emotional talk over a coffee or a clean room. Because it's the small stuff that counts.