Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My journal


Before I left America I bought a journal. I have always kept diaries, even before I knew how to write. So since I was about 5, I don't think there is one special moment in my life that is not fully written down in to very specific detail. The last year and a half I have been writing on my computer, nearly every night. But now I got the journal I have been waiting for my entire life. No but seriously, I love that in the end of every single day. I can just lay down in my bed and share every single thought and feeling into it and with knowing that no one has to see it. It is by far one of the best things I have ever done. Because it is pretty fun to read about how many boys you kissed in kindergarten and how you felt in 1st grade when you had your first boyfriend, or the feeling you felt when you lost someone or when your dog died when you were 7. These things, and especially the feelings, are the things that you want to remember. You may remember a little, but not vividly enough to bring you back to that day. So I suggest everyone to get a journal and start writing. Because sooner or later, we will forget, maybe not everything, but a lot. And I know I will want to read about the life I am living today. I know one day it will make me proud :)