Saturday, May 15, 2010

Are we really ever ready?



As for tonight when I was sitting and deciding on my graduation song, it all hit me.
I have been preparing for this moment since I started my countdown, 150 days ago. But something so small as a song got me thinking.
How am I suppose to have one song that is suppose to represent all my feelings and emotions over the past 4 years? How can there only be one song that reflects over 4 years, 1460 days of memories?
I guess you have been so excited about what is yet to come. What is laying ahead of you. Now it truly is the time for us all to shine. To be WHO you want to be and be WHAT you want to be. This next step is where you decided where you are going to be. As exciting as it all is, I am forgetting what I leaving behind.
I have always known that leaving people, my close friends, behind would be hard. But I also know that I will keep in touch with them, speak to them every now and then and maybe even meet up every once in a while. But then there are those other people...
The sort of people that you encounter with one everyday bases. The ones you speak to everytime you enter your french or science class, but you never really hang out with them outside the class. Some people just view the "others" as extras in their little "movie" but to me, they all share an individual role. Because over the past 4 years they have been the reasons to why I enjoy my math and english classes. They have put a smile to my face every time I entered class. So yes, I might not know their heritage or their boy/girl problems, but that doesn't make them any less important. Everyone, whether you are a teacher, my tutor, my friend or even Connie & Lee, you have all made an impact on me.

So in 12 days when I stand up on that stage receiving my diploma; there is going to be about 130 people who have made an impact on me without even knowing it.

♥ Yours always, Stiniwini.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. " - Maya Angelou