Sunday, December 26, 2010

embracing the unknown

(This photo is from exactly 1 year ago.)


In on year from today -
How do you think your life will be different?

First I thought; not much different from how it looks today. But then another question popped into my head "How is your life different from exactly one year ago?" When I then started thinking it hit me how much has happened, how much my life has changed since last year, December 25th. I will tell you, more than I ever predicted or could have expected. In one year; I have graduated from High School, I have moved from Asia to Sweden (40 degrees to -30 degrees), I have started university, I got my first job, I have fallen out of love, I have reconciled with love, I have split from love, I have lost and gained friends, I have found new hobbies, I have moved away from home, I am living on my own; which means I am now making my own meals, my own bed, washing my own clothes, for the first time in my life, I have learned a new language (pretty much), I have traveled to Dubai, Hong Kong, America, Cannes (france) and london. I have realized what I really want to study, I have found my true meaning of life; why I am here and what I am doing, but most importantly, I have grown up.

When I think about it, this is probably the most important year of my life this far in life. This year has been 360 degree life changing and I have not only adjusted to my changes, but loved every one of them. I feel so great when I think of how much can change, you really have no idea where you will be in a year, in a month and even in a week. A lot can happen, a lot can change; embrace it. I mean I could have been stubborn through all of this, and I probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere with that. So what I most importantly have learned from this all is that when you just go with the flow and learn to look at thing with an optimistic outcome, things are a lot easier. I used to be so stubborn and not very accepting when it came to changes. Because I liked my life the way it was and I felt like I didn't need to change it. But today, it is what I love. I love not knowing what will happen tomorrow, I love the surprise life brings us. I love the unexpected. It is what makes life exciting. Because I may be sitting her blogging with you about my day and in just 24 hours, something may have happened; Someone may die, someone may be born, I may get into a school, I may get a job which makes me relocate, whatever it is; you can never predict tomorrow.
The more easy going you are, the easier life will be. No disappointment, because you don't have any predictions or expectations. That is what I have learned. Especially the past 3-4 months. That you have to keep it simple in order to live. Tomorrow is what you make your own present.


Embrace.