Monday, September 10, 2012

My daily gesture

Today as I was walking down the street in Stockholm. I passed a homeless man. He was coughing and sneezing. Just as I past him, I turned around and asked him how he was doing. The man who was laying on the street just looked and me and said "I am fine." I smiled at him and asked "Are you sure about that?" and he shook his head and said "No, I am getting sick. I always get sick when it starts to get cold." I looked at him and said I would be right back. He didn't say anything. I ran to the nearest pharmacy and bought a bunch of cough medicine, asprin, and throat medicine. Then I ran back to the man who had fallen alseep on the pavement. I took a pen and wrote "I hope this will help you feel better this fall :)"  and then I put the pharmacy bag right next to him and walked away.

This was a another small gesture from my behalf, but I think it made him smile when he wakes up. But then again, it made my day a little bit brighter and I know I will sleep alot better tonight and maybe even appreciate my bed a little bit more.

Good night everyone.